The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Authority will temporarily close some of the entrances to rail platforms starting Friday, but all stations will remain open.
Metro will close entrances to its B Line (Red) stations to clean public touchpoints, such as handrails and elevator buttons, to keep its system as clean as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic.
ADA access will be maintained at all stations.
The station entrance closures are:
- Union Station, west entrance; the east entrance will be open,
- Civic Center/Grand Park, 1st Street entrance—Temple Street entrance will be open,
- Pershing Square, 4th Street entrance; 4th Street northeast escalator entrance will be open,
- 7th Street/Metro Center, Hope Street and The Bloc entrances; Flower Street and Figueroa Street entrances will be open,
- Vermont/Santa Monica, City College entrance; the main entrance will be open, and
- Universal City/Studio City, CityWalk Entrance; the west entrance to bus connections will be open.
Frequent updates related to Metro’s response to the coronavirus pandemic can be found at www.metro.net.